Wednesday, May 6, 2009

I don't touch meat

I have never been able to touch meat. Can't do it. Hate it. Loathe it. Can EAT is just fine (stop freaking out), but I sure just can't touch it.

Another weird thing about me? I can't handle making the association between the live animal and the actual meat while I'm eating it. I went for quite some time without being able to eat eggs for this reason.

And, after looking at some pictures, I think I discovered part of the reason why I can't touch (or think about) my meats.

We went fishing with Grandpa Tibbitts a few times growing up. The rule was... everyone has to eat a little bit of what they caught.


Guess who sat at the dinner table forEVER, crying and begging to get out of it?

That's right. Fish was swimming and now fish is frying?

I'd rather die first.

(Just for the record, someone woke me up for this picture. It was SUNNY and I was tired, ok?)

2 comments:

Alane said...

Did I make you eat fish? I don't think so....I would have eaten it for you...
Love that blue outfit. I know you had more clothes...find a new picture without that outfit on!
loveyou mom

Brooke said...

Alicia- I am the SAME way. That is why I am a vegetarian. Every time I try to eat meat, the fact that my food used to be a live animal freaks me out. I can't touch it either. I can't even cook it for others. So, at least your phobia isn't as bad as mine!

-Brooke
(from work at Roberts)